Electronic data exchange has an important part to play in day-to-day business dealings: Information such as prices, contracts, sensitive cash or financial data, design drawings, production data, media information, orders and much more must be transmitted in-house or to trading partners, service providers and customers in a way that is fully automated, punctual and protected from theft. Lobster_data EDI/EAI software guarantees this.
If business partners, branch offices or systems communicate with one another and they need a higher-level set of rules, then Lobster can offer them the Managed File Transfer module (MFT).
Lobster’s Managed File Transfer comprises the MFT server and MFT clients. The MFT server is located centrally, for instance in the computer centre of a cooperative or at the HQ of a group of companies. It handles all communication between the partners, such as the logging of data and procedures, mappings or data conversions, according to a pre-defined rulebook.
The MFT client is installed for example at logistics partners, in the branches of a trading company or the subsidiaries of a group and is responsible for sending and receiving data to and from the MFT server. The client can also exchange data internally by FTP. Once installed, the client needs no IT expertise on the part of the local staff.
Lobster_data Managed File Transfer guarantees:
- a safe and secure end-to-end data flow
- simple handling by branches and partners without the need for IT expertise
- data transfer and data converting in a single system
- the elimination of island solutions (such as batch files or shell scripts)
- central monitoring including alerting, controlling and restart
Example of Managed File Transfer used within a group of transport and logistics companies:
Up until now, this group of companies has exchanged data using virtual point-to-point connections. With Lobster_data.mft this structure has been replaced by a star-shaped structure with a central server capable of handling more than just pure data exchange. It is now possible for example to log certain information such as delivery note numbers or shipment numbers centrally, or convert data between between different formats (EDI, CSV, XML, FixRecord, …).
Exchanging data using Lobster_data.mft has 4 phases:
- A partner sends data to the MFT server.
- The MFT server identifies the type of data and the recipient or recipients and splits the input data into separate parts for the different recipients.
- These data parts are converted between different formats (EDI, CSV, XML, …) according to a pre-defined set of rules and depending on their type, sender and recipient. Certain fields are logged.
- The data are forwarded to the recipient(s).
Are you interested in Managed File Transfer with Lobster_data?
If so, call us (+49.8157.590 99-0) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.